Friday, January 2, 2009

In Loving Memory of my Dad



Gerald Duane Britnell
March 13, 1938 – November 23, 1996

Dad, gave us so many things…
He brought music into my life... and put song in my heart
More importantly… through his generosity he taught me how to give. And he was always there ~ wherever or whenever I truly needed him ~ He was always there...

To his friends he was known as Gerry, and family members called him Duane. Not really sure why? Just one of those things.

My Dad was dearly loved and is sadly missed…
As each passing year bleeds into the next
I'm secure in knowing that he was very proud of me.

If there is any grace in his passing so young, it is that he was not alive when my younger brother died. We committed his ashes to the ocean which was one of the last wishes he conveyed to me.

May Love Reign Eternal Over Him ~

The following is a passage that we read during his memorial...

Do Not Stand On My Grave And Weep


Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am the thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn’s rain

When you awaken in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circles flight
I am the soft star that shines at night
Do not stand on my grave and cry
I am not there, I did not die…


…UNKNOWN











No comments:

Post a Comment